Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It works!!

Ok so paying attention to calories is very effective. Today we went to target and they have these soft yummy macaroons that come in a little cup for 1.19 and I just love to have that for a treat today as we drove home snack in hand.AAAAHHHHHHHHH I read the calories 340 in two, just 2 and there is probably 10 little yummy bitesize might I add snacks in that cute little cup. So do the math yes a whole days calorie in one little cup. Way to stop me in my tracks. No longer my favorite snack, NO WAY, unless for some reason thats all I can eat one day. Anyways the moral is calories do count and I think I like counting them. We will see what a few more days do for me if I am still a fan or if I find out everything in life is not as good as it seems.

2 comments:

Kami Schultz said...

Lately, I've been avoiding looking at the label on things. Since I'm not counting calories at the moment, I don't want the extra guilt. :) But, it REALLY is an effective way to keep yourself in check. One of these days I'll get out of prego self-indulgent mode and really start losing weight...

Kristin said...

WHEN i count calories (in our case we do points with W. Watchers) I am very happy. In fact, maybe my recent down feeling as of late is because I haven't been keeping track. I think cause of nursing I am not gaining, just maintaining. BUT . . . I'm not losing like I was either. Can't complain. I'm making that choice right now. Which I'm not sure why. Cause like you said, it works. Also, I have had those moments when i realize what I've been eating and it puts me in tiny shock mode. WOW--on some of those calories we so easily consume.