Friday, August 17, 2012

Cruising through my week!

So the Diet coke headache was slightly delayed by the half I drank on tuesday night. Its been full blown since about 11 yesterday. What is wierd is I am not even struggling with cravings. Just this dumb headache:( I have tried ibuprofen and Tylenol. Maybe its time to bring in the big guns and go get some excedrin migraine. Besides the headache I am feeling really great sticking to my food plan and working out. My foot is slowly feeling better each day. I feel strong today and really good. I just dont understand why 6 weeks ago, when I started feeling my clothes fit differently. You know not in the good way differently. Why I could not just get back on track right then. Its weird how our minds work sometimes. You want something so bad, but you are not willing to make the changes to get it. Me and my mom laugh about this alot, "Why is food so important to us!" We are not talking about the foods that make strong and help you to function daily. We are talking about all the other stuff we like to cram in our faces throughout our day. Dont get me wrong some of it tastes totally worth it. But you know when you eat a candy bar or cookie from a package and you think that wasnt even worth it. Than you are bummed why did I eat. Dont get me wrong I believe in treats and foods that are Yummy! Baking is one of my favorite things. But sometimes I think I just have to cut it out for a while. When I feel my control is low. I am lucky to be almost 5 foot 10 and the 15-20 pounds that bother me are not even noticeable to other. I call them your naked pounds nobody sees them but you can sure feel them. Last night at work one of my awesome cousins came in. He has seriously changed his life around. He has losts 80 pounds and he looks really great. He use to be the guy who would never eat a veggies. He would order a chimichanga, no rice or beans, sub fries, lots of fried chips. Now he comes in and has a healthy salad everytime. He feels great, he has been heavy along time and did not even know how much better he would feel and how much energy he would have. Last night I was standing by the table and he asked his brother for sme of his chicken,smothered in cheese nachos. I looked at him and told him that he did not want that. He looked up and laughed at me. He said I wish I could just have you hang out with me all day and keep me on track. I was thinking its true there are certain people we get around and make healthier choices. But we can be that person to our selves. I can cheer myself on or remind my self of the disappointment you feel after you make a bad choice. Sometimes we feel like no one els is around, so no one else will know. But the most important person is "YOU".  So I am down 5 pounds! Heres wishing everyone a super great day, dont forget to be your own cheerleader!

No comments: