Sunday, August 12, 2012

28 days

So I know no one really reads this. But for some reason it gives me a sense of accountability and a sense of embarassment all in one. So they say it takes 28 days to break a habit, oh wait maybe its 21 days. Well I know a treatment to give up bad dangerous behaviors is 28 days. Plus its a really good movie. I love sandra bullock! Well I go through my Yo-yo phases all the time and I commit to crazy things, like giving up diet coke and sugar. It lasts a few days, I start to feel really great and then I am so over it. Then a month later I am on here telling you my next big plan or commiting to really change or just better health. I stand before you a desperate woman. As many of you know I am a runner. Some might say I run to eat, some might say I run to stop my self from going crazy. There are things about running that you just dont understand unless your a runner. First off its great cardio, when you do this daily for an hour or more you are burning 600+ calories. That leaves some room for some yummy treats. Second of all it is part therapy. It is good for the soul. Well the time you do not want to be a runner is when a injury is involved. Leaves your pants feeling tight and your spirit feeling down. I have not had an injury that has left me unable to run in about 6 years. RIght now I am suffering from plantar fasciitis in my heal. It is no fun and I am left feeling like I have to figure out everything differently than I like. I am not going to sit and complain. Instead I am doing some research and setting some goals for the next 28 days, hoping I can make some new healthy habits and I will just say it some change.  I read a quote I love, I am going to "ACT AS IF IT WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL" Well I have some work to do goals to write down, I will check in tommorow with all the fun stuff. Have a good night.

No comments: